I saw the man on the bed, dying....
The doctors had all given up
It was just a matter of time.
As the cancer slowly ate up his body,
I watched him die....
He squirmed and turned in bed
With astonishing strength...
The strength came from the pain...
which was driving him mad....
He was beyond recognising anyone..
it was the final dance of life
with death
before it claimed him as his own...
As I sat helplessly watching
I understood the futility
and insignificance of many things of life...
Sex, merry-making, friends...
marriage, children, heartbreaks...
It was all so useless
in comparison to what I was seeing....
A man dying a painful death
It was that moment
I understood that death
is the biggest enemy of man...
A foe who will defeat you one day for sure...
But I wanted to fight it
as long as I could....
And teach others to fight it too...
That is the best thing one can do...
The satisfaction is great,
that one can fight disease...
which is an ally of death.
The man was my father.
he died soon after.....
Search This Site
Custom Search
POETRY,POEM: Death
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Site
Custom Search
Popular Posts
-
They say capitalism is the best system of all. Oh no! It is as screwed as the rest. Only that it the only one standing. Communism collapsed ...
-
Bad news for all you guys who love the oodles of flesh and curves on Namitha Kapoor . She is going to slim down! I am afraid she might lose...
-
First of all let us get one thing clear. The best site (superior technology) for watching videos on the Internet is YouTube. The slowest sp...
-
She is at the helm of one of the biggest country in the world by sheer chance. A classic example of how the most ordinary person can go plac...
-
He was called 'the butcher' in the police department. The top brasses kept him away on harmless duties most of the time. But when it...
-
Raj Thackeray's mother should have spanked him when he was little. Or his pa should have given him a nice hiding then. That would have s...
-
Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has said he is planning to quit smoking in a couple of months as his children hate the habit. Why couple ...
-
What are the signs and symptoms of this virus in people? The symptoms of novel H1N1 flu virus in people include fever, cough, sore throat, ...
-
I had given my heart and soul to you All I wanted was your love Nothing more I would have tolerated seeing you In another man's arm All ...
-
While Josef Fritzl was convicted, another case hit the headlines; this one from Mumbai in India. Kishore Chauhan raped his daughter for nine...
0 comments:
Post a Comment