Search This Site

Custom Search

SHAHRUKH KHAN decides to quit smoking!

Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has said he is planning to quit smoking in a couple of months as his children hate the habit.

Why couple of months? Why not right now?

He revealed this while talking to a magazine on the sets of his latest film Billoo Barber , directed by Priayadarshan , at Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.

"I am giving up smoking under persuasion from my children. They don't like the habit. If they did not have any objection I might have continued smoking. I consider their pressure as a blessing," he said.

True. Only the pressure from girlfriend/wife or kids works when it comes to quit smoking. For all you smokers, remember this.

"I thought of quitting smoking first while flying back from a foreign trip. That was non-stop flying for 17 hours. I did not feel restless at all when I landed in Mumbai. I felt like lighting a cigarette only when I got in my car. That too was just a feeling," the King Khan said.

It is damned difficult to kick the habit. Believe me, Shahrukh.

SRK, who started smoking 22 years back, was confident he would be able to stop the habit, which has been with him for 20 years.

Wish you luck!

SRK's smoking had seen a war of words between him and Ramadoss with the latter criticising him on several occasions for his habit.

Ramadoss had often said SRK's habit of smoking in public has set up a bad precedent for youngsters. The minister had earlier made a request to SRK as well as other actors not to smoke in their films.

True. Youngsters think if Shahrukh smokes then it is cool to smoke.

Ramadoss wanted SRK to stop smoking in public when he found the actor puffing in a stadium during a 20-20 cricket match. The actor's reaction then was that no one should interfere in his personal affairs.

This is not your personal life. You are a public figure and you have certain responsibilities.

Source: ApunKaChoice

UPDATE - Shahrukh Khan denies saying he will quit smoking! He seems confused!
READ LATEST REPORT

0 comments:

Search This Site

Custom Search

Popular Posts

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online