Search This Site

Custom Search

Urmila Matondkar speaks


ON DOING WAAR PARIWAAR

I did Jhalak Dikhla Jaa because I love dancing. And I thought I was done with TV. There were several offers but I wasn't tempted. Then this concept came up.. with families as participants. Being a family person myself, I felt I would be in a comfort zone.

(Laughs) I wouldn't have done it if it was about American country music. And I won't deny that the money is fantastic too. But money has never been the deciding factor so far. "I'm like Alice in Wonderland, learning every day. I've always taken risks. It's not the greatest feeling when some of them didn't pay off."

Emotions, politics, fights, tears, drama.. so much is faked on reality shows these days. After two shows, I can say that there's much more drama in real life. We're not speaking rehearsed lines like mannequins, what you see is for real. I've been around for too long to take the audience for a ride. You can't fake emotions because sooner or later, you'll get caught and lose your credibility. That was also the first thing I cleared before I took on the show.

ON HER CAREER

The mistakes, failures and achievements, all are the result of my decisions. If you look at life as a destination, you're dead.

I started at 16, so till now, there has been a huge growth. Whether it was an item song or a fullfledged role, I've always gone where others have feared to tread. And I have succeeded too

WHAT SHE SAYS ABOUT RGV

I believe the director knows best. If Ramu had offered me a role in Aag or Sarkar Raj and not Mehbooba mehbooba, then you would have asked me why he didn't offer me the Mehbooba song.

There were times when we were planning movies and things didn't work out. I've never be one of those actress to wonder why this.. and why not that. How many actresses do you know who have got films like Pinjar and acted in them too?

HOW ABOUT PRODUCTION?

I'm not cut out for production or direction. I've been asked about an album, but it's too time consuming.

HER IDEAL GUY

I think I should run away and find someone in some other part of the world. Think it's difficult finding a man who is not affected by the fact that you're an actress? I guess it is tough when you're a celebrity.. but not much is lost. I've never believed in getting into a relationship just for the sake of it. It needs to be something that is important and takes life to another level.

Otherwise, I'd rather wait. I hope men are not overawed. If a man has his own individuality, then there are no issues. But if he doesn't, then he's not worth the time.

SOURCE: Hindustan Times

0 comments:

Search This Site

Custom Search

Popular Posts

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online