Pakistan. For an average Indian the word conjures up hatred, undying enmity and unceasing suspicion. One despairs about whether the two brothers separated in 1947, will ever unite (in the hearts) or at least learn to live together in peace.
Then one reads about the democracy movement in Pakistan. Elections being held. Old leaders like Nawaz Sharif walking about freely in the country, his party winning many seats in the elections. The heart of the Indian lightens. Pakistan is not only a country of mad mullahs and Islamic extremism. There is much more to Pakistan.
Then one reads about Ansal Burney, the country's human rights campaigner and one is astonished. A Pakistani is so concerned about Sarbjeet Singh imprisoned. I guess even the Indian government has not shown such dedication.
A man so free of the hatred that every citizen of both countries nurse in their heart in small or big measure for each other. Burney is the voice of humanity. He is beyond national boundaries. He operates on the plane of universal humanity. He fought for the Pakistanis in Guantanamo Bay with as much fervour as he is now fighting for the life of the Indian, Sarbjeet Singh.
A country which has people like Ansar Burney on its soil can never be bad or evil, simplistically putting. We salute you, Ansar Burney.
Search This Site
Custom Search
We salute you, ANSAR BURNEY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Site
Custom Search
Popular Posts
-
They say capitalism is the best system of all. Oh no! It is as screwed as the rest. Only that it the only one standing. Communism collapsed ...
-
Bad news for all you guys who love the oodles of flesh and curves on Namitha Kapoor . She is going to slim down! I am afraid she might lose...
-
After refraining from masala movies for years, Rahul Khanna , known for his performances in Deepa Mehta's '1947 Earth' and '...
-
Raj Thackeray's mother should have spanked him when he was little. Or his pa should have given him a nice hiding then. That would have s...
-
Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has said he is planning to quit smoking in a couple of months as his children hate the habit. Why couple ...
-
The old woman lay quivering in the night. The shop was closed and so she lay there beside the downed shutter. It was raining quite heavily. ...
-
I had given my heart and soul to you All I wanted was your love Nothing more I would have tolerated seeing you In another man's arm All ...
-
She is at the helm of one of the biggest country in the world by sheer chance. A classic example of how the most ordinary person can go plac...
-
He was called 'the butcher' in the police department. The top brasses kept him away on harmless duties most of the time. But when it...
-
I remember the day she said "no". I had offered everything I had. My body, my soul, my self esteem. Everything. And as I stood the...
0 comments:
Post a Comment