Search This Site

Custom Search

A tet-e-tet with a flop actor: Tusshar Kapoor


Have you watched Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki?
Yes, quite religiously. I love the way it’s been conceived. It looks modern, the story telling is fast-paced. The TRP rating for the show have been above 2.5 which is excellent for the channel.

But there have been mixed reactions.
See, that cannot be avoided. Some people were stumped when they saw the first episode. It began with Draupadi’s vastraharan. I guess the modern look has invited mixed reactions. Someone said that rajas then wore mukuts.

In retrospect, was it worth doing a film like One Two Three?
I agree the film didn’t do well, critics didn’t like it either. But everything was shot as I was in the script.. which is rare nowadays..

Yeah, look at the bright spots, son.

Now what?
C Kkompany, Golmaal Returns, Life Partner and Apoorva Lakhia’s next.

Better luck next time. You need lots of it. Changing your name did not help you either.

Mission Istaanbul was produced by Shobhaa and Ekta Kapoor. How come there was no role for you?
Several films are being made under our banner. Like EMI. I can’t be in all the films made by Balaji Telefilms. Apu had approached me for Mission.. but he wanted dates which had been given to C Kkompany.

Do you think Ekta is stupid? Take a flop actor? No way!

C Kkompany seems like a vague gangster comedy.. is it a sequel to Kya Kool Hain Hum?
No it’s not. It’s a fun film about three middle class men who live in the same building. They all have financial problems. They play a prank which lands them in trouble. Sachin Yardi who wrote Kya Kool.. has directed this movie.

It seems Ekta threw all the promotional material of CKkompany out of the window and you had a fight over this.
See, it wasn’t a fight. I liked certain promotional designs. Ekta didn’t. We disagreed but we didn’t have slug-out. It was a brother-sister disagreement.

Yeah. In other words, fought like cats and dogs!

Are you consciously doing comedies?
Shootout wasn’t a comedy, Aggar and Khakee weren’t comedies. Even C Kkompany isn’t a slapstick comedy. It’s shot on real locations, I’m playing a reporter here. In One Two Three, I played a wannabe gangster. It’s not that comedies don’t have strong characters.

You look least bad in comedies. You looked out-of-place in 'Khakhi'.

How is it possible not to have a girlfriend after being in the limelight for so long?
Oh, wherever I go, I do come across girls who adore me. I’m still single.. the last time I was in love was when I was in college. Right now, work takes up most of my day. But I do hope to fall in love soon.

If girls adore you so much, why don't they go see your flicks?

Source: Hindustan Times

0 comments:

Search This Site

Custom Search

Popular Posts

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online